Pages

Saturday, April 28, 2012

The Week in Links (Cool Women Academics Edition)

It's a short list this week not to represent a lack of cool women academics but rather because I've been mostly offline due to two major deadlines, a minor deadline (totally blown), senior honors thesis advising and a seriously large pile of grading.

Mary Beard is now officially my hero:

Too ugly for TV? No, I'm too brainy for men who fear clever women.

More on early women at Yale:

Woman, Fighter, Philosopher

I frequently talk about the end of the Middle Ages as a very fluid thing. I put it in the early 17th century, realizing that, even for Spain, that's not very conventional. This is either an argument for putting the end of the Middle Ages, for medicine, in the 19th century or another questionable use of the term medieval:

The End of the Medical Middle Ages

And from the great Arab poet and playwright, Sheikh Isbeare:

Montague and Capulet as Shiite and Sunni

No comments:

Post a Comment