Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A Leap Post about Leap Papers for Leap Day

Academia.edu has decided that since there has been an extra day added to this month, I have been exceptionally productive. To wit:


Apparently, I have also completely retooled my field of study, areas of competency and professional expertise and interests. Because the 98 papers I may have written* have titles like:


(Both images will enlarge upon clicking for your absurdist enjoyment.)

In a certain way, this utter failure makes the site a little less creepy than I previously thought because it means that even if it's meant to monitor my every move (and I did have to re-write this sentence three times to avoid using a locution that would have attributed sentience, thought, agency or motivation to a web site) it's not doing a very good job of it. These aren't even papers that my homophone would have written.


*May have written?! Is this the academia.edu equivalent of Schroedinger's cat?

No comments:

Post a Comment