Pages

Saturday, May 26, 2012

The Real Reason for the Trip

(Click here if the image is still unreadable upon enlargement.)


The panel I presented on:


Revising a bit during the break in the middle of the session:



Giving my paper:



 And the whole group at the end of the workshop:


(All conference photos by Josephine Gehlhar.)

I've survived my first international presentation, and I think it went quite well. I learned a lot from the other speakers, and my paper was received quite well (*phew!*). One of the really wonderful things that the organizers did was to organize this to be a multigenerational conference, and it was great to meet a bunch of other scholars who are contemporaries and at the same stage in their career as I am, but then also to have feedback from people who are more established, both intellectually and professionally. We all stayed in the same hotel, so we had a chance to chat more informally over meals, as well as deliberate more formally during the workshop. All in all, a completely worthwhile, valuable and great experience.




No comments:

Post a Comment