Pages

Sunday, December 4, 2011

The Week in Links (11/28-12/4)

I wish I had the gumption to write syllabi like the two that are linked to from this Slate story. (Of course, I also wish I were I massively successful novelist, too):

The Extraordinary Syllabus of David Foster Wallace

For knitting academics who may be on the verge of a big project-related freakout (ahem), from a blog I've seen before but don't read regularly, a post that caught my attention in Spanish Prof's blogroll:

Writing, Knitting, Teaching, Practicing

In my line of work, I'm always happy for a new and interesting take on the Jews-Christians-Muslims theme, especially one that might appeal to students who are otherwise a little resistant:

Come Together

And the New York Times fails to answer the crucial question about one aspect of life on campus: How does he get the piano down there?:

City Cracks Down on Performers in Washington Square Park

No comments:

Post a Comment